1) The oral presentations will be made by a teleconferencing system using Zoom. Prior to the presentation, please connect to the test Zoom URL shown below. Please note that this URL is NOT for your presentation session, but for the connection test only. For the connection test, please perform the following steps to verify the connection.
Click “Test Computer Audio” button.
Click “Test Speaker” button in “Audio menu” and check your speaker is available.
Click “Test Mic” button and check your microphone is available.
2) For times and Zoom URL of your presentation session, see the technical program (available on the symposium website). You will receive an email with instructions on how to access the technical program.
3) Please connect to your Zoom session URL by 15 minutes before the beginning of your session. The Zoom display name should be the speaker’s name in the alphabet (not in Chinese characters). Please make a presentation by sharing material such as PDF or Microsoft PowerPoint on Zoom. Your oral presentation should not exceed 12 minutes.
4) Your presentation will be followed by a short question-and-answer (Q&A) session. The length of your Q&A session will be at the discretion of the session chairperson(s), depending on the number of speakers and the progress of the presentations in the session. Generally, the Q&A session for each presentation will not exceed 3 minutes. In cases when extra time is available, the chairperson(s) may invite further questions or remarks from the audience to facilitate the discussions.
5) If you are anxious about the Zoom connection, you can prepare a video file of your presentation before the symposium takes place. Please upload the video file to the URL below and notify your file name to the student assistant by email, at latest one week before the conference.